Understanding our phone system
We have amended our telephone system to help better manage patients holding on the phone for a long time.
Having taken our patients views on board, we have changed the system to help reduce your waiting time.
A few things you need to be aware of:
- Our telephone system is now programmed to receive no more than 10 incoming calls at a time.
- When calling into the surgery, you may hear a message that says “our lines are busy at the moment, please try again later”.
- Your call will be automatically disconnected and you will have to call back, please be assured it is not the staff hanging up on you.
- When you get through, you will be held in a queue and advised of the position you are in.
- Whilst hanging on you may get a message to say that all our appointments have gone for the day. If you still wish to speak to a member of staff, please hang on and staff may be able to offer you an alternative appointment and they will signpost you appropriately.
08:00 to 09:00 are our busy periods – unless you are requesting an appointment for the day please call for anything else after this time.
We would like your feedback
If you have any suggestions on ways to improve the system or you are experiencing any difficulties please let us know by speaking to a member of staff.